It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

import existing project into workspace

Patrick Paquette (371219) | asked Jul 22 '13, 8:09 p.m.
 ThisThis may be an artifact of tryingorkflow I've been used to with clearcase not translating to jazz scm...but...here goes.Im tring to load a sandbox off a repository workspace but retain the directory hierarchy of the componemt the reside them.  Using the find a load eclipse project doesn't work because eack project gets copied as a new folder relative to the eclipse workspace.  So, I load just the root folder and then use the eclipse import existing projects feature to import all the projects in the sandbox.  when I do it this way, changes are not tracked without enabling the automatic refresh feature (preferences-> team-> jazz-> local files).  Also, jazz label decorations for the files and folders in project explorer don't appear and right click-> team has no Jazz options other than Share.  This is the same behaviour as if eclipse didn't know the project was in a sandbox already.  Any ideas how to get this to retain the folder hierarchy or should I just bite the bullet and fix the build includes so that it doesn't matter?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 22 '13, 10:54 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should use the RTC load function to load the RTC repository workspace into Eclipse, not the Eclipse import mechanism.   Just right click on the repository workspace, and select "load".   The load wizard will then give you a variety of options.   If you want to maintain the directory structure in the repository, use the "Browse the components to select folders to be loaded" option, hit Next, select the root directory of the component, open the Advanced Options, and select the "Load the selected folders and create Eclipse projects for projects found within the selected folder hierarchy" option.
Patrick Paquette selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Patrick Paquette commented Jul 23 '13, 2:31 p.m.

Thats the permutation I was looking for, thanks! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.