It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Modify the process specification roles allows Workitem Template modification

Deepa M S (71) | asked Nov 29 '23, 6:58 a.m.

We have a Project setup where multiple project share the process from Master Project. 

Users provide permission for action "Modify the process specification" will be able to break the inheritance between Master and Child project.  If users are not enabled for action "Modify the process specification", they will not be able to modify Workitem templates which are project specific. 

I have 2 questions
1. Why workitem template operation is part of the action "Modify the process specification" . Workitem templates are purely project specific, and projects users should be able to modify.

2. Is there way where we could restrict users from breaking inheritance but should be able to modify workitem template

Thank you in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 29 '23, 8:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. There is no way for regular forum users to answer why questions like your question 1.
  2. Did you read my answer to your lprevious question? The documented mechanism to prevent the child project area to overwrite the inheritance, are the "Final" flags that you can set in the sharing process area. If that then allows you to customize work item templates in the child project area, I do not know, probably not because of an associated final flag, but you could try.

Comments
Deepa M S commented Nov 30 '23, 4:52 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I did check your response for my previous question.
Currently the issue is, Operation "Modify Process Specifications" includes modifying the permission in child project and modifying workitem template. We would like to restrict modifying the permission but provide permission to modify workitem template. Is there a way to achieve this. This cannot be achieved using "Final" flag.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 30 '23, 5:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For creating work item templates you need the permission to 

1. Modify Collections of process attachments
  2. Modify process specification
I can't see a dedicated permission for saving work item templates, so there is no way I would be aware of, to achieve what you ask for.   

permanent link
Deepa M S (71) | answered Dec 01 '23, 5:49 a.m.
edited Dec 01 '23, 5:49 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for the feedback. "Modify collection of Process attachments" does not include the permission related to "Workitem Template".

Its part of "Modify Process Specification". I verified this in Project Area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.