It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC - Artifact Types issues

Li Chen (11923742) | asked Jul 12 '13, 2:29 p.m.

Hi,

I am new to RRC.

I created an RRC project area using 'Rational Requirements Server Template'. I find that artifact types, like Actor, did not exist.

Then I exported the process template from Money That Matters, then imported, then created another RRC project area. the artifact types still did not show up.

Then I realized that the artifact types are not part of the templates.

Is my understanding correct?

Can I import from somewhere the same artifact types? Other than artifact types, what else should I import or create if I want my RRC project area the same as Money That Matters?

Note - I have no problem dealing with QM, and we do not use CCM. We just planned to use RRC and we do not use a lot, only the basic stuff, like what Money That Matters, that will be sufficent enought for us,

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jul 12 '13, 2:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Li,

It sounds like you're exporting the process template rather than project template.  You should be able to log in to an RRC project, then go to Manage Project Properties -> Templates to create your project templates to include artifact types/project structure/etc...  See this topic for details on working with project templates in RRC.  Hope it helps,
Li Chen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Li Chen commented Jul 12 '13, 3:12 p.m. | edited Jul 12 '13, 3:12 p.m.

Thanks Ben, that helps a lot.

I created, I downloaded, then I uploaded the project template to my server, and I can see it from the Templates tab.

Now how to make my project area use this template? Tried to import, but it only import from another project area instead of from a template.

Thanks.

Mike Jaworski commented Jul 12 '13, 3:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Li,

The Import button which you are referring to is not intended for project templates, but rather to copy project properties from one project to another. In order to use your new project template you can click the "cog" button in the top-right corner of your screen and select "Create Project Area". After you enter a name for your new project, a prompt should ask you if you want to "Use a template to initially populate the project". Click that check box, select the template you created, click finish, and you should be good to go!

Mike

Li Chen commented Jul 12 '13, 4:59 p.m.

Thank you Mike and Ben. It works.

Li Chen commented Jul 12 '13, 4:59 p.m. | edited Jul 12 '13, 5:00 p.m.

Thank you Mike and Ben. It works.

Li Chen commented Jul 16 '13, 4:03 p.m.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, just discovered that it brought data like the 'requirements' over to the new RRC project area. This is not something we want, but we can delete the data and survive.

If this is not right, or if there is another way of doing it, let me know. Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.