It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I modify code in older baseline and deliver to the stream

Pavitra Chitikela (15112) | asked Sep 29 '17, 5:02 a.m.
edited Oct 12 '17, 1:48 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Can I modify a older baseline and deliver to the stream with the  same baseline?

I migrated my code from clear case to RTC. I have created an archive stream which contains a single component and applied 10 baselines to that component(for each release one baseline). Now I want to modify code in the previous baseline for example baseline 4 and deliver to the stream for this particular baseline. Is there any way we can achieve this without disturbing the other baselines.

Regards,
Pavitra

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 01 '17, 9:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no way to "disturb" a baseline ... a baseline is immutable.   So in particular, you cannot make any changes to baseline 4.   What you can do is create a stream containing baseline 4, and then modify that stream.   You then ask about "delivering to the stream for that baseline".  I'm not sure what stream you mean by "the stream for that baseline" ... perhaps the "archive stream"?   If so, then yes, you can try to deliver that change set to the archive stream (although it might have a conflict, in which case you would need to resolve that conflict in a workspace before you can deliver the change set).

Pavitra Chitikela selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Pavitra Chitikela commented Oct 01 '17, 9:53 p.m.

Thanks for the response!

Yes I mean archive stream. From your answer I can understand that once baseline is applied for a particular component we cannot modify that particular baseline instead we have to create a new stream for those new changes. 
You also mentioned that we can deliver the change set to archive stream, once I resolved the conflict  and deliver to stream that changes will be applied to the current baseline not to baseline 4? 
Is my understanding correct?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 02 '17, 2:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You cannot modify a baseline, so changes are never applied to a baseline ... they are always applied to a stream (or a workspace).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.