It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is possible to extract in a file containing the differences between two baselines in RTC?

rashmi k (13318) | asked Mar 06 '17, 7:59 a.m.
edited Oct 12 '17, 10:48 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

To brief  with the requirements, Maybe we know that in ClearCase, , there is the option “Get from CC Project/Patch”.

This feature gets in a zip file the elements that make the different between two baselines.

We wonder is there are a similar feature in RTC.

Could you help us in appropriate solution?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Mar 06 '17, 11:57 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 12 '17, 10:47 a.m.

In the Eclipse RTC client, you can right-click on a baseline and select "Compare with Baseline..." and select another baseline in the dialog that follows. This will open up the Change Explorer view and show the comparison between the two baselines. In the view menu (down arrow) for the Change Explorer view, select the "Save Change Log..." action. You can customize what you want to see in the output file (such as baselines/change sets / files / work items), and whether or not to export the file in CSV (comma separated values), which can help if you want to generate a report based on the results.

Michael Valenta selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
rashmi k commented Mar 07 '17, 6:33 a.m.

Hi David,

Thank you so much for the soln I was able to do it.

My next question is:

Is it possible that RTC generates a file package containing all this files, so that you can deliver this package to the customer, for example?

Let me know pls?

David Lafreniere commented Mar 07 '17, 9:24 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Out of the box, RTC would only be able to do what I mentioned above. You would have to write some tool/script to 'massage' the output file in what ever format you want. Otherwise I assume you could write a client side program using the Jazz / RTC SDK in plain-Java (offhand I would not be able to tell you all the API involved for doing this though).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.