It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

hide baseline from pending changes view

Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | asked Feb 15 '15, 11:05 p.m.
RTC 4.0.6 used.
Use Case:
==
Stream A has flow target as stream B. Create baseline for components in Stream A but don't want to deliver the baseline over to stream B, how to hide the baseline from pending changes view?
==
There is a setting in Preferences > Team > Jazz Source Control > Changes:
Show all baselines(including empty baselines and baselines created by others), I don't know what it is supposed to work when this option is unchecked. In my test here, if I unchecked this option, I still see the baseline appearing in the pending changes view. When using this option, what outcome can we expect?

My understanding is that there is no setting or feature to achieve that use case, is that right?
I am wondering whether there is any existing RFE?
I see this RFE:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=189873

and it has:

- Baselines become like snapshots wrt change flow, i.e. a baseline does not "flow" via accept/deliver.  Instead, the "replace" operation is enhanced to warn you if you are dropping change-sets as the result of the replace, so "replace" can effectively be used to "flow" either a baseline or a snapshot.
- The pending changes view can show "incoming snapshots" and "outgoing snapshots", which group incoming change sets according to the snapshot history of the source stream/workspace

Will this RFE suggest Not to show baseline in pending changes view and this is the one to achieve the use case?

Thank you very much.

Comments
Don Yang commented Feb 23 '15, 7:45 p.m.

any info that if RFE https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=189873 will allow the tool to hide the baseline in pending changes view?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.