It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get a list of test cases that do not have a test script?

joe galluzzo (111) | asked Jul 10 '13, 11:50 a.m.
In our organization, we currently have:
  • many RQM test cases that have a test script linked to the test case (automated tests)
  • many RQM test cases that do not have a test script linked to the test case (manual tests)
So now we'd like to use this information to figure out which test cases are automated and which ones are not.  Is there an easy way to get a list of test cases that do not have test scripts?  (or vice versa - get a list of test cases with the name of the associated test script.)

Unfortunately the only topics I have found in the forum seem to indicate that its not possible to get an overview of test case <-> test script relationships.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/53860/how-to-tell-if-a-test-script-is-associated-with-a-test-case
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/60160/visible-inidication-of-test-case-implementation

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

I should also note that we are currently using RQM 4.0.1, but we are looking to upgrade to 4.0.3 in the near future.

3 answers

permanent link
Philip Chan (11) | answered Jul 10 '13, 7:24 p.m.
 Hi there,

We'd be interested in knowing how to do this too.

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | answered Jul 12 '13, 9:59 a.m.
I am running tests on 4.0.3 and came across:

Reports -> Shared Reports -> Test Case Coverage by Test Script (Live)

Is this what you are looking for?

permanent link
joe galluzzo (111) | answered Jul 12 '13, 4:19 p.m.
Thanks for the hint.   On my system that report does not show up under
Reports -> Shared Reports -> Test Case Coverage by Test Script (Live)

but it does show up under 
Project Dashboard -> Add Widget -> Test Case Coverage by Test Script (Live)

After playing with it for a few minutes it looks like this might work for us.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.