It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I modify the 3 categories of the cumulative work flow report ?

Silvia Mesturino (1162429) | asked Jul 10 '13, 7:12 a.m.
 The cumulative work flow report covers work items and lists them in 3 categories: open, in progress and closed. I assumed that I could change the classification by changing the group assignment in the stati in the process configuration dialog, but I am wrong. Where do I change the assignment ?

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Jul 15 '13, 10:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you trying to change the states reported on by the cumulative work flow report or the way items are assigned to those groups? 

Clement Liu commented Jul 15 '13, 7:34 p.m. | edited Jul 15 '13, 7:34 p.m.

Hi @nicklous,

Is this the group assignment to which you were referring? Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Jul 18 '13, 11:52 a.m.
edited Jul 18 '13, 11:53 a.m.
Hi @nicklous,

I don't think your issue is related to the OSLC groups. I just looked at the codes in the Cumulative Flow report. This is what I found out:

1. The dataset on which the graph is based points to WorkItem_States which uses WorkItem_Chngs and in turn, uses the following State table for the reference of which State Group a State should be belonged to.

State
  • Type: Dimension
  • Description: The state dimension contains one row for each defined work item state in the repository.

Logical Name Type Description
State_Id String The ID of the state, which are defined in the process specification as strings.
State_Group String The state group for this state. Valid values are "OPEN_STATES", "INCOMPLETE_STATES" and "CLOSED_STATES". Every state must belong to one of these three state groups, and the list of values is not extensible in the process specification.
State_Name String The name of the state. The name is defined in the process specification. For example, "Verified"

2. Because this State table is a Dimension in RTC Data warehouse, your changes of assigning a state to another group would not become effective until the overnight snapshot were taken. In other words, make your change today, wait for the snapshot to be taken, come back tomorrow and you should see the changes to your report. 

Let me know if otherwise. Hope it helps. Thanks.
Silvia Mesturino selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 10 '13, 2:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Open, In Progress and Closed are OSLC groups.
Each of your workflow states will either be configured under one of these OSLC groups.
You can - add new OSLC groups in the workflows section of the process configuration for your project area to match your exact states;
Or you will need to change your workflow configuration so that each state is set appropriately to Open, In Progress or Closed.

Comments
Silvia Mesturino commented Jul 11 '13, 7:50 a.m.

I mentioned a group definition I see when configuring the workflow. Is it the same as the OSLC group ? It is configured under the tag states in work items /workflow. My experience is that, if I change the mapping, the results in the report do not change. Are you telling me that I am doing the configuration in the wrong place or that the configuration does not work for some reason ?

Silvia Mesturino commented Jul 18 '13, 9:02 a.m.

States group

Silvia Mesturino commented Jul 18 '13, 9:04 a.m.

groups

Silvia Mesturino commented Jul 18 '13, 9:07 a.m.

I found the OSLC groups and notices that in every workflow there is teh same mapping and open does not have an OSLC Group although in the Report Cumulative Value Flow there is open group. open

permanent link
Stuart Cornell (1135) | answered Mar 17 '15, 1:23 p.m.
Hi @clementliu.
 Your answer to this question states that it's the state groups which determine those shown in the CVF chart. From my recent work with this it seems that extending the state groups does not help. In RTC 5.0.2 the state groups each have a category and OSLC groups(multi-choice) defined separately and The CVF appears to use the category only. It seems that the category is what used to be called "Group" in the version you discussed.
  As the 3 categories don't seem to be changeable we are stuck with the 3 types on the CVF graph. Is there any way to extend this? I was hoping to get CVF for each state group that I defined.

Stuart

permanent link
vishnudharan manivannan (1183642) | answered Aug 14 '15, 2:01 a.m.
 Hello All,

We are using RTC 5.0.2. Is it possible to generate the Cumulative Value flow report for all STATES ? instead only the State groups (Open , in progress and closed ) ?

Vishnu M

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.