It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get a tool tip for the values listed in an enumeration?

Anitha Pathuri (8818) | asked Apr 10 '15, 3:04 a.m.
edited Apr 10 '15, 4:59 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

Hi,

We want get a tool tip to be displayed when the value(it is applicable to all values in the dropdown) is selected/higlighted in the dropdown.

Please provide support.

Thanks,

Anitha

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 10 '15, 4:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is, as far as I can tell, not possible today. There is, as far as I am aware, no place to store this information. There is no description at the enumeration or at any literal that can be stored and would show as general tool tip. You can edit the presentation for the work item type and add a description for the attribute that serves as a tool tip.

Here some interesting discussions around this toopic:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tool+tip+site:jazz.net

Comments
Anitha Pathuri commented Apr 10 '15, 4:55 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

The tooltip I require for each literal available in the dropdown and the information to be displayed in tooltip of each literal is different so adding a description at attribute level does not suffice my requirement.

Thanks,

Anitha

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 10 '15, 5:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think you should open an enhancement request.

The only solution I see to achieve this in an enhancement, would be to provide a description for the literal and the description would be the same in any context and could be displayed as tool tip.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.