It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Invalid UUID" when creating work area using basic mode of windows explorer shell

Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | asked Jul 05 '13, 1:55 a.m.
Hi There,

using the brand new basic mode of the Windows Explorer Shell helps users work with RTC when they don't need special functions they have within, e.g. Eclipse.
Problem with that is if they need to create a "so called" work area they need to give some kind of a Source Control Configuration file.
This file contains information about the stream and the components connecting the work area to. This is ok and an easy way. The administrator can create this file using this explanation http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_shell_create_conf_file.html&scope=null

Wach basic user needs to put the path to this file during the creation wizard of a work area. This is ok - the administrator can send this file via email to every user. I think even putting this file to a file server which is connected using drive maps in windows could work - didn't check this.

When taking a look at the wizard I noticed the part "Source Control Configuration file Path / URL"
Source Control Configfile
As I understand this it means I can provide a path to the file or an URL to the file.
Great I thought - putting the file on a local web would make it much more easier for users to get this working.

But when using an URL to a Config file he fails with an error "invalid UUID".

Searching for a cause of this error I noticed that in the description of creating the work area it's written as "or paste the URI for the team’s stream."

So my question ... what is the URI for the team's stream? Tried to put the URL I get when accessing the stream within the browser - same error.
I found no special information about that.

And ... I think the information provided within the wizard is misleading to what is needed.

Any ideas?

Greetings,
Simon

2 answers

permanent link
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V (4415) | answered Jul 05 '13, 3:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Simon,
The source control configuration file has to be in the local filesystem. The URL for the stream should be obtained from Eclipse or Rational Team Concert for Visual Studio.

I have created a work item to correct the information in the wizard.

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Jul 05 '13, 5:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here is the link the Defect 271815.

Comments
Simon Eickel commented Jul 05 '13, 6:08 a.m.

Thanks Hajo.
Lakshmi put me as subscriber on it but I think for the rest it's nice to see it here. :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.