It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cumulative Value Flow

Zica Valsan (10124745) | asked Jul 04 '13, 7:18 a.m.
Hello,
we have a customer who uses RTC 4.0.1 and wants to run the Report "Cumulative Value Flow".
The timeline consists on several Sprints which are all visible in Overview.
The strange thing happens when trying to edit the parameters of this report namely: one of the Iterations is not visible in the Dialog box  Iteration and thus can not be selected. Nevertheless, it is listed in the results of the report "About this report.
Moreover, I have artificially selected it as being the current one in order to see its outcome and  Run all data warehouse collection jobs for all applications.The selected parameters did not return any results from the data warehouse but the report has been done for this iteration.

Does anybody has an explanation for this behaviour?

Thank you,
Zica

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 04 '13, 7:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can't talk about the specific report.

From my experience parameters not available - not even after running the DW jobs are usually due to missing data because of wrong configuration of the project area. For example not having an iteration selectable indicates there might not be any work item filed against this iteration (in the given context, which could be a special team area).

Clement Liu commented Jul 04 '13, 11:46 a.m.

Hi Zica,

I agree with Ralph. Have you had any work item planned for this iteration? If not, even though you ran the data warehouse jobs, the iteration would not be collected. 

Hope it helps. Thanks.

Zica Valsan commented Jul 05 '13, 10:24 a.m.

Thank you both for the answers. I have already proved that the "invisible"  iteration is not empty. It's an old one where some items were closed and some are still in the open state.
There must be another issue I don't seen it. Any other thoughts?
Thank you,
Zica

Clement Liu commented Jul 06 '13, 10:20 a.m.

@zvalsan, sorry, I can't comment without actually seeing your report template. Is this one of the out-of-the-box reports? Thanks.

Silvia Mesturino commented Jul 08 '13, 4:59 a.m.

Hi helpers,
I work in Zica's team and I have noticed one thing. If I take a standard report like Cumulative Value Flow or Release Burndown I have a choice among 53 iterations, if I take standard report Advanced Release Burndown I have a choice among 54 iterations (in these 54 iteration the Sprint2 is the one that makes the difference). What could be the attribute of an iteration that is honored by Advanced Release Burndown but not by Cumulative Value Flow ?

Zica Valsan commented Jul 08 '13, 6:28 a.m. | edited Jul 08 '13, 6:45 p.m.

@Clement,  this is one of the standard template.
For a completely another project and configuration I have tested this report and I don't see any issue with it.
 Is it possible to export it to the one where the issues occurred in order to make sure not the template is the issue? Does it make sense?

Thanks,
Zica

Clement Liu commented Jul 09 '13, 2:51 p.m.

@zvalsan, @nicklous,

I compared the two templates - Cumulative Value Flow and Advanced Release Burndown and found they're actually pointing to different datasets (RTC tables). Interesting...Let me get in touch of the Development.

Clement Liu commented Jul 09 '13, 4:12 p.m.

@zvalsan, @nicklous

Do you know how to modify BIRT template? I'm thinking maybe we could try use the dataset from the Advanced Release Burndown for the Cumulative Value Flow and see if that would work. Thanks.

Silvia Mesturino commented Jul 10 '13, 7:01 a.m.

Hi Clement, we do not know. Where can we get instructions ? 

Clement Liu commented Jul 10 '13, 10:03 p.m.

Here you are: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsCreatingANewReport40

It would be a huge challenge if you don' t have experience with BIRT. To quickly solve your issue here, I would recommend to open a PMR for IBM Support to look into it. 

Hope it helps. Thanks.

ankur sharma commented Aug 24 '13, 2:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

To my knowledge the CVF tracks the WIs which were assigned to the iteration when it was active (current). Check if your missing iteration got WIs assigned to it after its time interval. 

Silvia Mesturino commented Aug 27 '13, 5:01 a.m.

Unfortunatelly a set of the WI was indeed assigned after the iteration had been active, but also a set had been assigned during the active period. For some misterious reason, the iteration 2 now is shown in the selection (as in Advanced Release Burndown) but the work items are not shown  (in both cases)

showing 5 of 12 show 7 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.