It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Restore Process Configuration Source

John Bryan Sazon (341823) | asked Jul 02 '13, 4:18 a.m.
 Hi,

I know I should be asking this to IBM Support but there has been issue on their web support, so for now I will ask the community of jazz.net. 

There is a fix that I will apply on our project area which is suggested by IBM support. It requires some editing on Process Configuration Source, to be exact I need to change the attribute IDs of a custom attribute to something else.

Upon implementing this, and "IF" something goes wrong, how can I restore the process templates. Please note that there are thousands of work items that has this custom attribute.

Do I just have to paste the backup Process Configuration Source to revert back the changes?

Thanks! 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jul 02 '13, 4:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
modifying configuration source is not a recommended approach and needs to be done under careful supervision if at all its a must.

If you right click in the Configuration Source area, you would find a Show History option which retrieves the history of the configuration source from the repository, you could then perform a compare and restore to a previous state.

However, I would like to reiterate that modifying attribute ids and in general configuration source is not recommended as the consequences of a missed configuration could be varied and not very evident always....
John Bryan Sazon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
John Bryan Sazon commented Jul 02 '13, 4:32 a.m. | edited Jul 02 '13, 4:49 a.m.

John Bryan Sazon commented Jul 02 '13, 4:33 a.m. | edited Jul 02 '13, 4:34 a.m.
Thanks for the answer Dinesh!

Yes indeed its not. But our problem was generated on our last RTC version 2.0 we are on 3.0 now, we created a custom attribute named Priority and we saved the attribute ID as priority. This attribute ID is being used by the default attribute of RTC named Native Priority. So it causea a conflict upon querying and so on and this was the suggested fix by the IBM support.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.