It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"The Query cannot be used in a process template “ Why ?

ANIL ABRAHAM (2322024) | asked Aug 05 '12, 10:52 p.m.
retagged Aug 06 '12, 1:10 p.m. by Chris Goldthorpe (4287)
When i was updating a query in Process Tempate , i receive a warning -   "The Query cannot be used in a process template “ .
Any feedbacks ?

Comments
Chris Goldthorpe commented Aug 06 '12, 1:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The message is coming from the work items component - the message is defined in /com.ibm.team.workitem.common/src/com/ibm/team/workitem/common/internal/query/util/messages.properties. I will notify someone from that team so they can answer this post.

Daniel Pool commented Aug 06 '12, 1:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Anil, Can you give any further information on the query you are constructing? This is a generic error message so examining the code isn't telling me much. Also are you saying you see all of the formatting text above, or is that a result of copy and paste from the error message?

Millard Ellingsworth commented Aug 06 '12, 9:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

@dbpool I expect that extra formatting is a paste issue from IE. @anilcabraham It probably has something to do with what is in the query. According to this other post with a similar issue, some references are non-portable between repositories so they don't "qualify" to be part of a process template: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/20907/this-query-cannot-be-used-in-a-process-template

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 07 '12, 12:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In particular, could you open up the "detail" section of the error message. In the other post, that provided the key information needed to understand why the query was rejected.

ANIL ABRAHAM commented Aug 08 '12, 11:49 a.m.

The details of the error displays ""Owned by" reference a value that is not part of the process definition . By i have created another query with "Owned by" , ut doesn;t have any issue .

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713553) | answered Jun 16 '17, 3:01 a.m.

Please see this jazz.net forum question for the answer:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/20907/this-query-cannot-be-used-in-a-process-template

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.