It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Links to jump to different tabs

Muktar Mohammed (1311924) | asked Jun 06 '12, 5:32 p.m.
retagged Jun 06 '12, 5:52 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
Hello,

How do I add a link on my work item template, so when that link is clicked it opens the "Links" or "History" tab?

Thanks,
mm

Comments
Seth Packham commented Jun 06 '12, 6:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm trying to understand why you'd want to do this. Wouldn't you just click the "Links" and "History" tabs to go to the tabs? Maybe I'm missing what you're trying to do.

Muktar Mohammed commented Jun 06 '12, 6:45 p.m. | edited Jun 07 '12, 10:15 a.m.

Hello Seth,

Thank you for your response.

One of my tab has many custom attributes that need to be populated in steps and depending on their screen size the "Link" tab may not be visible.  When a user reaches the point where they need to upload an attachment, I want them to click on a link to go to the Links tab (instead of possible scrolling up).  That way the user will be following the instruction and complete populating the form smoothly.

I hope this clarifies why I'm trying to use a "Link".

Btw, the workaround I have for it right now is to have the Attachment component at the spot where I'm trying to put a link on.  This may however get messy if multiple documents are uploaded.

Thanks,
mm

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.