It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the functionality of the 'work item link target bindings' section in the eclipse client?

Timothy Distel (73148) | asked Oct 15 '18, 10:12 a.m.

Hello,

I am using CLM suite 6.0.6 and Eclipse Client 6.0.4.

Navigate to this section: Process Configuration > Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Work Item Link Target Bindings

What is the functionality of the work item link target bindings section? 

I would assume that this would be a section to customize what source work items a link type can originate from and what target work items a link type can end on, however I've seen answers on this forum mentioning that this functionality doesn't exist out of the box. I can't find any article that addresses this particular section in the eclipse client. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 16 '18, 1:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 24 '18, 3:13 p.m.

Please ignore this section.

It contains the XML that is generated when you set the default child type for a given work item type.
The default child type is used when you create a new child of a work item.

This is the work item to remove that section from the Process Guidance editor: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/468797

Timothy Distel selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.