It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Build Engine specific features

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Oct 17 '13, 3:19 p.m.
CLM 4.0.2

https://jazz.net/library/article/38

Overview of the build environment
A typical build environment will use a stack of tools consisting of at least one build engine and one or more build scripts. A build engine, such as the Jazz Build Engine, launches the process that will run the build script and collects output. You must provide the build scripts that perform the detailed tasks to compile, test, and further process the code and build artifacts. You may choose to use the Jazz Build Engine, or continue with the build engine you're already using. Any existing build scripts can be used. Using the Jazz Build Engine is optional, however, some features are only available when it is used.

What are those features, as opposed to using the Hudson/Jenkins engine?

thanks

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Oct 21 '13, 4:47 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That's a rather broad question. Are there specific features you are concerned about? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Oct 21 '13, 4:42 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The article you are quoting is over 5 years old -- things may have changed since then. Instructions on integrating with Hudson is available in the Info Center and there are multiple articles in the Library on integrating with Hudson or Jenkins, including some examples. Historically, I think the feature most "at risk" when not using the JBE would be traceability (what builds a work item was included in, easy recreation from a build result of exactly that environment, etc.).
Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Oct 31 '13, 1:33 p.m.

I think traceability is coming up to be the answer I was looking for. thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.