It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how does associated testplan and associated testcase relate to a Defect Work Item

anoop mc (74811196221) | asked Jun 19 '13, 6:10 a.m.
 Hi,

One of our end-user when ran a query to fetch a defect work item, in the result layout section came across the values - Associated Test Plan and Associated Test Case.

result layout

The question is ? -  what is the appropriate way to link a defect to a test case and a test plan to see the information reflected in the query result please

query result

Comments
anoop mc commented Jun 19 '13, 6:16 a.m.

To Test this what I have done is 

1. Executed a Test Case ( which is linked to a Test Plan)
  2. During execution associated the particular defect (id 3081) with one of the steps in the execution.
  3. Ran the query with condition Type is Defect and Id is 3081 
  4. In the result layout chosen the above values ( Associated Test Plan and Test Case  which show no values.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Jun 19 '13, 8:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Behavior is not replicated in CLM v4.0.2.. did you get to try on this version / lower?

Can you try with "JKE Banking" if available? Else try with "new" created defects?

Best Regards, Sunil
anoop mc selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
anoop mc (74811196221) | answered Jun 19 '13, 9:01 a.m.

Hi Sunil,

Thanks !  Yes , I am trying this on a lower version. version 2.0.1 iFIX 5. Could be a bug in that particula version.

Could you please confirm if those steps which I have menioned above is correct.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.