It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I get a report to show ‘Last Run’ only status for the test cases/ suites associated with a test plan

Matthew Don (111) | asked Feb 22 '17, 3:38 p.m.

For a single test suite we may run multiple TSERs in a cycle.  In a case where we have some bug fixes but we do not need to run a full regression suite, we may run a TSER that includes only the tests that were previously failing. 

The problem I ran into is that the TSER Testing Live report seems to give a cumulative total of all passes/fails for any test ever executed against a Test Plan.  I couldn’t find a way to get a report to show ‘Last Run’ only status for the test cases/ suites associated with a test plan.

I need  to be able to do a simple report that breaks down Pass/Fail count for the most recent run of all tests/ test suites across the multiple TSERs.  At release time, management doesn't care if the test failed 17 times over the last 18 runs.  They only care what the last run status is for all tests associated with a test plan.

Hopefully I'm making sense here.  Any suggestions on how this can be done?  Seems like it should be a pretty standard metric that any project would need, but I can't see any obvious way to get such a report.

Thanks,
Matt

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 22 '17, 8:31 p.m.

Hi, Matt

I am not sure if using JRS(Report Builder) can achieve what you want or not. A simple way can be going to TSER or TCER view and use 'Last Result' column to filter the Passed and Failed records, you can create a separate query for Passed and Failed or combined both into a query and add Query to dashboard widget, that should serve your purpose.

Thanks

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Feb 24 '17, 2:20 a.m.

You can get this report in Rational Publishing Engine, that uses RQM's reportable API.
In RPE, you can sort on executionresult/endtime in Ascending direction and just print the first result.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.