It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a viewlet to display only the master test plan I’ve created

anoop mc (74811194221) | asked Jun 13 '13, 9:15 a.m.
Hi,

Recently we have received a end-user request in RQM asking :-

How to create a viewlet to display only the master test plan I’ve created.

With the predefined set of viewlet values available in RQM I am not finding that option.Looking for some suggestions

Regards
Anoop

3 answers

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Jun 17 '13, 2:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anoop,

If you are using a test plan supported viewlet, such as 'Test Plans Traceability Links' or 'Test Plans Execution Status', you should be able to specify only the master test plan based on your end-user's need.

To do this, edit the viewlet's filters, either by clicking 'Select test plan filters' or by selecting 'Edit' under the viewlet 'Menu'. Then under Test plan filters, click 'Select'. Now in the 'Select filters' screen enter the Id of the master test plan that you want to use. Then click OK and the viewlet should display info from only the selected master test plan.

Regards,
Tory

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Jun 19 '13, 3:18 a.m.

Tory,

Can you please calrify on the line test plan supported viewlet, because I see only the below option available under Add a viewlet button

Test Plan Related Viewlet

Comments
Tory Jaskoviak commented Jun 20 '13, 2:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Anoop,

What version of RQM are you using? In the answer I provided above, I made reference to a couple viewlets in 4.0.2.

When I say 'test plan supported viewlet', I mean a widget that provides information about a test plan, rather than a test script or test case.

Regards,
Tory

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Jun 21 '13, 6:17 a.m.
 HI Tory,

Looks like this could be a version issue.We are on the earlier version - RQM 2.0.1 iFIX5.

Now I understand what you meat by test plan supported viewlet.

Thanks for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.