It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple Test Cases or Multiple Test Script: what to use for O.K / K.O scenarios

Erwin Kunz (94686986) | asked Sep 04 '13, 11:38 a.m.

CLM 4.0.3

I have an application which allows me to load a configuration. Everithing is defined and the user needs only to clik to import the config.

I would like to test when the file is avaiable and once if the file is missing.

Shall I create one test case IMPORT with two scripts and run the Execution record several time by changing "Default Script"

or shall i create multiple Test Cases with one Test Script each

Thank you

erwin

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Sep 05 '13, 10:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Erwin,

I recommend you have a read a this post:
http://sleroyblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/a-rqm-usage-antipattern-multiplying-nonequiv-test-scripts-associated-to-a-test-case/

Regards,
Stéphane
Erwin Kunz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Sep 11 '13, 8:04 a.m.

Merci Stéphane

One other answer

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Sep 05 '13, 5:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Erwin,

Are the set of steps you perform to test the scenario the same for both cases - file present and file missing? If essentially all the steps are going to be the same, you can just have another additional step in the script that specifies running the same steps with this parameter being different.

Thanks,
Deepa

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Sep 05 '13, 9:28 a.m.

Hi Deepa

That's a good hint. I does not answer my question in general, but for the particular case it does.
I should have written that this is a example

What would you suggest if the steps are different. Suite with cases, or cases with scripts

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.