It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to create an automatic increasing number value as an attribute

jeanie Keen (132123) | asked Jun 11 '13, 2:07 p.m.
edited Jun 13 '13, 11:27 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)

how would i be able to add a incrementing number in RRC in an artifact?  What is happening is we can not use the id as other artifacts are created inbetween requriements.  We need a way to create an incrementing number each time a requirement is created so they are all sequentially numbered.

This is handled in RP and i can not find away to renumber or how we can have the numbering per artifact type. 

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 13 '13, 11:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For RRC, I don't think you can. There is no SDK and Extension point information available. For RTC (which you had tagged before I edited that) you would be able to use extensibility for this in some cases.

permanent link
Dominic Tulley (38114) | answered Jun 19 '13, 6:52 a.m.
As Ralph said, this is definitely not possible today in RRC.
If this is a key use-case for you, I suggest you raise an Enhancement Request and detail the scenario.
From your description above there are various possible interpretations so it would be good to understand if you're talking about artifacts in a Project or artifacts in a Module for instance.
The Id attribute that exists today does what you are describing - is the issue that the numbering is shared across projects?

thanks,

-Dominic

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.