It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Daily exceeding the Recent Comments cache - how to find older comments

Stephen Toop (11112223) | asked May 28 '13, 11:04 a.m.
Hi,

RRC 4.0.1
We are generating lots of comments and have found that we generating more than 100 per day.
I believe the recent comment cache is set at 100?

So almost daily we are losing comments off the cache before users can get to action them.

The email that RRC sends out doesn't give us enough information to determine which artefact the comment relates to. I believe that is a defect that has been fixed in 4.0.3?

Any clues on how we can get to the comments so we can find the artefacts affected?
Note, we don't know the artefact in most cases.

I had an idea to have the users put the artefact id in their comments so we at least have some sort of hook in the email.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks
Stephen Toop

Comments
Jason Warner commented May 28 '13, 4:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Stephen,

The Recent Comments viewlet has an option to scope the viewlet to only the current user.  Are your comments directed to specific users?  Would scoping the viewlet to just the current user help or are there still too many comments?

Regards,
Jason

One answer

permanent link
Fabian Lomeli (2213) | answered Jun 04 '13, 5:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Stephen,
Your description about the issue of the email notification has no information to help you to identify the artifact the comment belogs to is this: RRC Comment email does not have a link back to original artifact nor the artifact name (69003). This is a known issue fixed in 4.0.2 and 4.0.3.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.