It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reload workspace into Eclipse

Adam Coulthard (1322116) | asked May 16 '13, 7:28 a.m.
edited May 16 '13, 8:29 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 Hello,

Does any one have any suggestions about how to "reload" an RTC Repository Workspace into the Eclipse workspace.

Normally a "load" is used and you have to select the projects that you want loaded into the Eclipse workspace this is ok if the workspace is new, but if the workspace already exists we would like to "reload" the projects that were previously edited by the changesets within that Repository Workspace.

I suspect we will need to write a plugin to do this so any thoughts about that would be good as well :-)

Thanks

Adam

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 16 '13, 8:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Adam, I don't quite understand what you use case is. You can load, unload and replace with baseline or a stream from Eclipse. You typically flow with a stream and can accept others changes from there and deliver your changes to it for others to accept.

If this is not sufficient, I probably don't understand what you are trying to do.

Comments
Adam Coulthard commented May 16 '13, 9:14 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Sorry I wasn't sure I'd explained it that well.  I'll try and see whether I can explain in step by step:

1) Create a new Repository Workspace and load an Eclipse project from a component into the Eclipse workspace.
2) Change a file within that and create a changeset.
3) Unload the Repository Workspace - (In Pending Changes view its just tracking the changes)
4) (The bit we need) Reload the workspace - So that the Eclipse project is reloaded into the Eclipse workspace (we know which one to load because there is a changeset in that project).  Saves the user having to find the Eclipse projects (we have quite a few!)

This is the simple case but sometimes a change set might have change mulitple Eclipse projects / have mulitple changesets across components.

Hope that makes more sense

Thanks

Adam

Tim Mok commented May 16 '13, 10:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you elaborate on step 3 where you unload the repository workspace? The default is to delete the loaded content from disk and the repository workspace will no longer be showing in Pending Changes.

When you "reload" you load as you did the load in the first step unless you need to load a different set of content.

Adam Coulthard commented May 16 '13, 12:45 p.m.

Hi Tim,

Yep Step 3 would be delete all local content so there is nothing left from that workspace in your eclipse workspace.

At the moment we have to "reload" like the first step, but what I wanted is to be able to not have to go in and manually check the Eclipse projects I want.  The RTC workspace knows which projects I've changed within the workspace because of the changesets I've created.  So it would be ideal to "Reload" the eclipse workspace without manual click of projects (we have about 300 eclipse projects to look through to find the correct ones).

Thanks

Adam

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered May 16 '13, 12:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It sounds like all you need to do is right-click on your already loaded workspace, and you can reload the Eclipse projects that you need. Otherwise, like the others, it's not very clear what you need in addition to that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.