It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel Utility, External ID and linking to an existing Test Plan from a Test Suite

Thomas Styslinger (123) | asked May 10 '13, 4:50 p.m.

I'm trying to assign an external id to a test suite where the cfg file has the statement "testsuite.XLSArtifactID=A", and the spreadsheet has one row for each test suite including title, description, owner, custom category values and attribute informaiton.   Col A has values like TSsuite0003 as the external id.    The upload runs without error create the test suites with the assigned values.   What's unusual is its creating a custom section called "XLSArtifactID", which does not seem right or is it?    

Additionally i'm trying to link each test suite to an existing test plan with "testsuite.testplan=BF" in the cfg file and a value like urn:com.ibm.rqm:testplan:988 in column BF, but no link gets generated from the test suite to identified test plan.    Appreciate any suggestions

2 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered May 13 '13, 10:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Thomas,
the could using testsuite.tesplan=LinkExisting(BF) to linking existing testplan.
the XLSArtifactID is used for a note for the external id on the web ui.

Comments
Thomas Styslinger commented May 14 '13, 4:42 p.m.

Thank you for the response, the testsuite.tesplan=LinkExisting(BF) worked!!  

Are you saying that the creation of the custom section called "XLSArtifactID in the Test Suite is correct when I use testsuite.XLSArtifactID=A in the cfg file? 

Hao Wan commented May 15 '13, 3:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

yes, exactly.

permanent link
Marita Mayerhofer (878) | answered Apr 08 '14, 8:54 a.m.

Hi,

I try to do the same thing but I was wondering where you get the value from. You said you are using a value like urn:com.ibm.rqm:testplan:988. I tried to use the Test Plan name but that got me an error.

Could you let me know where I can find the Test Plan ID that is needed for this kind of reference?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.