It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Command Line Adapter - Set Result Details

Christian Hoerst (48147) | asked May 06 '13, 3:25 a.m.
Hi everyone,

after reading the following (very helpful) article:

I'm wondering how to set the result details of a Test Execution Record when using the Command Line Adapter.

I can attach file contents or script output with no problem by using the provided environmental variable qm_AttachmentsFile, but I'd really like to include a small portion of text as a summary and not only a list of attachment files, if that is possible.

Thank you in advance for any answers.

Comments
Christian Hoerst commented May 07 '13, 10:10 a.m.

Is there even a possiblity like this?

3 answers

permanent link
Colin Thorne (22421619) | answered May 09 '13, 3:28 a.m.
Hi Christian,

Although I have not added text to the Result Details section of the Test Result, I do use a modified Command Line Adapter to update the Notes field.

The download package for the Command Line Adapter includes the source and there is even a line commented out (in com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline.CommandLineAdapter.runTest() ) which shows you how to update the code to add some information to the Notes field in the Test Result.

Putting the information in the Notes field is not quite as convenient for someone viewing the record, but I was able to add some useful links into the Notes field which are used to retrieve diagnostics from the product under test, for example.

I also find the Custom Properties section is useful to hold useful information about the test run - these can be set without modifying the Command Line Adapter, as described in the article you have already referenced.

Colin

Comments
Christian Hoerst commented May 22 '13, 6:13 a.m.

Hi Colin,

thanks for coming forward with your answer, the Notes field would indeed be a nice workaround to the problem.

After having a quick glance at the source code, it seemed to me, that it might also be possible to use other the other setters in the AbstractLogResult class, which is provided inside the 'com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library_2.0.3.v20121024_2020'-jar.

Unfortunately, a setter for result details itself is not among them. I'm still wondering why this functionality wasn't included.

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered May 08 '13, 3:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Christian,

Unfortunately, this is not supported with CLA. Please file an enhancement for this.

Thanks,
Deepa

permanent link
Thiruvenkadam Dhanaraj (27216) | answered Dec 24 '18, 7:33 a.m.

is this feature implemented now? i would like to add text content in Result Details for test case using command line script.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.