It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When I run a test script of type command line, is there a way I see which version (change Date) of the test script I have used for the run?

frank grapengiesser (217) | asked Oct 22 '18, 4:37 p.m.

Steps:
a) Create a test script of type command line
b) Create a test case
c) Add the test script to the test case
d) Run the test case
c) Change the test script (i.e. add an execution variable)
d) Run the test case again

If I compare the results I would not know that something has changed in the script between the 2 runs.
Is there any indication in the result of the version/change date of the test script I have used?   

When you change manual scripts you can at least see the script steps in the result of the script during the time of the run.

My customer is starting to do some informal testing before the tests go through a formal approval. Even in this stage it would be useful for the users if they could determine what version of the test script was used during

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Oct 23 '18, 9:40 a.m.
You could choose to use Custom Properties available with existing RQM version. This benefits of Custom Properties is to update the RQM test case results with script data.
Please refer to following link for more info on Custom Properites.

Get back to us in case you need more information about custom properties.
Thanks,
Abhishek

Comments
frank grapengiesser commented Oct 30 '18, 5:09 p.m.

Thank you very much for your answer and sorry for reacting so late. Using your approach you would have to read out the test script version information (i.e. save date) via Rest API to write it back via command line editor. Not sure about the performance impact of such an approach.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.