It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Stopping a command line execution

Aaron Shepherd (37167) | asked Jul 17 '12, 10:11 a.m.
Using RQM v4.0, I have set up a python test script and associated test case.  When running an execution record of the test case, I noticed that if I stop the execution (ie press the stop button from the RQM execution status page) no result is created for the execution, and the RQM interface returns to the execution record as if nothing ever happened.  Is this the expected behavior or is it a bug with the adapter not properly handling the stop request? 

My concern is that if a test script execution gets into a state in which it either cannot complete, or will not complete for a very long time due to a test failure, the user cannot manually stop the execution without losing all records and logs related to the failing execution.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 18 '12, 6:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 18 '12, 6:41 a.m.
It is expected behavior for non manual test as result is created at end by the command line adapter. Cancel/Stop literally means that you are not interested in this execution. For manual execution, result is created upfront so you will see its status is changed to inconclusive.

-|- Pramod Chandoria
Aaron Shepherd selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Aaron Shepherd commented Jul 18 '12, 2:56 p.m.

Thank you for the answer. Since this is expected behavior and there does not appear to be a mechanism for handling situations like I described in my original question, I have opened an enhancement request, work item 70275, to modify the behavior of the command line adapter when a stop request is received.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.