It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to restrict the child test plans not to inherit the data from master test plan?

Kathirvel S (1056) | asked Aug 30 '13, 7:32 a.m.

Hi - I am creating one master test plan and 5 child test plans.But the child test plans are inheriting the data like test suites , test cases from the master test plan.My requirement is the child test plan should not inherit these data from the master test plan.Is it possible to make changes so that the data is not inherited to the child test plan?

Regards,

Kathirvel.S

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Sep 04 '13, 1:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kathirvel,

You have two options here:

In the master test plan, you can click 'Add New Child Plan'. If you do so, it will create a new associated child test plan and the child will inherit all section fields from the master test plan, including test cases and test suites.

The other option is to create the the child test plan using Planning -> Create Test Plan. Then in the master test plan, rather than clicking 'Add New Child Plan', instead you can click 'Add Test Plans'. Then you can select the new child test plan you created. In this case, the child test plan will not inherit the section fields from the master test plan.

So to break this down, if you create a test plan from the master it will inherit the fields. If you create the child test plan yourself and link afterwards, it will not inherit the fields.

Please see this library article for more information - Master and Child Test Plans in Rational Quality Manager

Regards,
Tory

Kathirvel S selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kathirvel S commented Sep 05 '13, 4:33 a.m.

Thanks a lot Tory for suggesting the options.I will go ahead with the second option that you suggested.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.