It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Video issues to see RTC Shell control Panel

Sandra Santos (3212525) | asked May 03 '13, 5:21 p.m.
retagged May 06 '13, 12:35 p.m. by Lakshmi Narasimhan T V (4415)
 Hi all,
I just installed Rational Team concert Shelll Control Panel for RTC 4.0.2 (Windows7 x64). Everything went ok in the installation process but after I reestarted the system and opened the Shell control panel I cannot see the objects to configure a connection for example. The screen cannot show the elements.

Does anybody has any idea what is the problem?

Any help will be welcome.
Thanks

Sandra

Comments
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented May 06 '13, 12:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you check whether the following program works fine
Start Menu->IBM Rational Team Concert Shell->Overview

Is Rational Team Concert Shell installed in a virtual machine? Are you accessing RTC Shell via remote desktop or some other remote display program?

Sandra Santos commented May 08 '13, 8:34 a.m.

Hi Lakshmi,

Having the same problem in Overview page (see image).

The Team Concert Shell is installed in a virtual machine. Is there any special recommendation for virtual machines?

Thanks for helping.
Sandra 

Millard Ellingsworth commented May 09 '13, 6:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is a list of supported virtual environments here: https://jazz.net/library/article/1109. Not sure that affects the Shell client but may be instructive.

Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented May 15 '13, 12:51 a.m. | edited May 15 '13, 1:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you are using VMware client, could you check whether upgrading to the latest VMWare tools fixes the issue?

Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented May 15 '13, 9:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

>>If you are using VMware client, could you check whether upgrading to >>the latest VMWare tools fixes the issue?
If you are using an older version of VMware client, could you check whether upgrading to the latest VMWare client fixes the issue?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.