It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to determine unused user accounts in RTC 4.x with Tomcat?

Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | asked May 01 '13, 4:58 p.m.
Is there a way I can extract a list of users that have no artifacts associated with them? We have a number of accounts created with wrong IDs, test accounts, etc. I need to end up with a list of users that are:

1. Already archived.
2. Have no artifacts associated with them.

Then if possible I would like to delete those users that match both criteria.

We are using Tomcat but not LDAP. I know I will need to edit the tomcat-users.xml file to remove the users, but that does not remove them from the jts database.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented May 03 '13, 12:24 p.m.

1) If you  have access to the RTC server side, use repotools -exportUsers
The line for an archived user will end with ,1

2) That might require some extensive query writing. I noticed that with RTC 4
 the value choice for the query can be deferred until the query is run, so work item query could be setup for "Owner" to input at execution

Mike Shkolnik commented May 06 '13, 1:59 p.m. | edited May 06 '13, 2:06 p.m.

I can get a list of all archived owners through the web interface. Running queries for each of 390 archived owners would be rather tedious. I need something a little more automated. Unfortunately, while you can include Owner as input to a query, you can't query for an output of a list of owners. If there is some way I could script this without needing to know what I'm doing, please let me know.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.