It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to install Client for Eclipse IDE (Extension Install) 4.0.2 in Eclipse using IBM Installation Manager

Sathishkumar Thangaraj (122) | asked Apr 22 '13, 12:14 p.m.
Hi,
I am new to Jazz.  My task is to install Client for Eclipse IDE (Extension Install) 4.0.2 into Eclipse IDE (SR2 ) using IBM Installation Manager.  I am not able to find the document relevant to installation.
I saw one link which specifies Eclipse 3.6.5 installation
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infcenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.platform.doc/topics/c_rtc_client_eclipse_ide.html
https://jazz.net/library/article/384/#extInstall

Please let us know if any one have answer...

Regards,
Sathish

One answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered Apr 22 '13, 12:43 p.m.
 Hi Sathish,

This Jazz.net article covers that topic. 
https://jazz.net/library/article/708

Comments
Sathishkumar Thangaraj commented May 03 '13, 12:27 p.m.

Josh Thanks for your input ...
Document  given information about RTC 3.0.1 with Eclipse 3.5.2.
My Requirement

Using Installation Manger 6.0 need to install RTC Eclipse Client Extension 4.0.2 in desktop/client machine.

how to achieve this?
what version of eclipse to be installed?
how to test the after installation?

Please provide inputs help me to proceed further.
Thanks...

Josh Crawford commented May 03 '13, 5:12 p.m.

Hi Sathish,  the process to install RTC 4.0.2 using Installation Manager is the same for 3.0.1 so those instructions are relevant.  The client extension install is used to extend and existing Eclipse based Rational product such as RAD, RFT, RSA, CCRC etc. 

Is your goal to install into an existing product?  Or just get an install of the RTC eclipse client on a desktop machine?

Sathishkumar Thangaraj commented May 08 '13, 9:30 a.m.

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply,

As my goal is to install the following  and to be tested  after installation on lab machine.

1. Client for Eclipse IDE - [RTC- Eclipse -Client-repo-4.0.2.zip] -
This one installed using IBM Installation manger and able to connet the Jazz Server
In this installation i have created the repository by pointing the config file then using the wizard to install the RTC Eclipse Client.

2.Client for Eclipse IDE ( Extension Install ) - [RTC- Eclipse -Client-Extension-repo-4.0.2.zip].I need to install this one .
Is that same way as installed like the first one by creating repository? or
Do i need to install this into Eclipse IDE ?
If this to be install in to Eclipse IDE then how to plugin this extension in Eclipse IDE? ( As you said that extension should be installed an existing eclipse product ).

Thanks for your valuable inputs...

Josh Crawford commented May 08 '13, 4:00 p.m.

Hi Satish,  the client extension install is used to add RTC to existing eclipse based Rational products.  If you don't have another Rational product that is based on eclipse (like clearcase remote client for example) this won't be useful for you.  If you are just looking to add RTC to a standalone eclipse install I'd suggest using the P2 installer.  Instructions for that is here P2 instructions

Sathishkumar Thangaraj commented May 09 '13, 6:06 a.m.

Thanks a lot ..Josh..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.