It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Finding locks in RRC

Stephen Toop (11112223) | asked Apr 18 '13, 5:40 a.m.
Hi,

Using RRC 4.0.1
From time to time we find that locks are left on RRC artifacts by users if they crash the browser or shutdown their desktops without first saving the artifacts.

Is there a way to find which artifacts are currently locked in RRC - and by whom?

Right now I am going through folders to see if any lock icons are present and then trying to edit the artifact to discover who has the lock.

Thanks
Stephen Toop

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 18 '13, 9:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I'm aware in 4.0.1 your approach is the best available.

We've made a lot of progress in the area of locking in the release currently under development.  If you were to download and play with 4.0.3 M3 https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-requirements-composer/milestones/4.0.3M3 (which is latest interim release available here on jazz.net as I write this) you will find that the locking model has been improved in general (see the New & Noteworthy page for details). I believe it's now possible to filter on lock state using the normal filtering and view mechanisms, but this isn't mentioned in the N&N page.

Comments
Daniel Moul commented Apr 19 '13, 7:13 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Update: I see that development work for lock filtering and sorting is happening in M4 -- that's why it's not in the M3 New & Noteworthy.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.