It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking Comments to changes in doc

Amy Tennent (133) | asked Jun 04 '12, 11:17 a.m.

Linking Comments to changes in doc

I have the following scenario, someone reviews doc and makes a comment that requires doc update. I am looking for a way to track the document update to the comment. So when I reply to the comment and indicate doc is updated I can but a link in the reply to the update in the doc.  Basically, I would like to link comment reply to a change history record in the doc.

2 answers

permanent link
William Andreas (136) | answered Jun 04 '12, 11:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think this is a reasonable request for enhancement as is the related case where you want to require someone add an explanatory comment when they make a document update (in one case you tie an existing comment to a document update, in the other case you require adding a comment as part of the document update).

I'm not sure how we'd structure this (particularly for non-textual artifacts), but I think it would be a valuable feature.  I suggest you open an enhancement request against RRC for this feature.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jun 05 '12, 9:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you have updated a document, if you open the artifact history in the browser URL address bar you will see a revision # at the end of the address, I am wondering if you copy the entire URL,  and then paste that in your comment reply whether that might help?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.