It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Excel - RQM migration - Could not retrieve projects

Komal Mirchandani (1266) | asked Apr 17 '13, 7:06 a.m.
Hello,

I am trying to migrate test cases from Excel to RQM. I am using ExceltoRQM utility for this.
I have exported tests and then I am trying to export in repository.

I am providing server details and login credentials, which are valid. But 'Project' drop down says 'could not retrieve projects'

I am able to access RQM through browser.

Anything I am missing here?

Regards,
Komal

2 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Apr 17 '13, 7:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Komal,
A couple of things to check for:

Make sure the version of the RQM Excel/Word import tool matches the version of the RQM server you are trying to connect to

The RQM Server URL that you specify in the tool matches the public URI and context root of the RQM server

Verify the user you are specifying in the tool has the appropriate permissions

If you have a firewall running on this system, you can add "RQMExcelImporter.dll" and "Mso2Rqm_Common.dll", to the exception list. These files are usually in "C:\Program Files\IBM\RQMExcelImporter"

Comments
Komal Mirchandani commented Apr 17 '13, 11:30 a.m.

Thanks Ara.

I am using RQM 4.0.01 and utility 3.0.1. So, this combination is fine
Server URL is also correct as it shows 'credentials valid' for me from the same window

Permissions, what type of permission I should have. Export XML or any more?

Regards,
Komal,

Ara Masrof commented Apr 18 '13, 8:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Komal,

If you are running 4.x  I would highly recommend running 4.x of the import tool, not 3.x.
Have you looked at the 'Mso2Rqm_Debug.log' file? There may be information in there that will help solve the issue.

Ara

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Apr 18 '13, 9:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I agree with Ara about using 4.X import tool.  The tool is not compatible across versions as per https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter

About permission, you will need Quality manager-> XML Import and XML Export.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.