It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does JazzGuests LDAP group exist?

Paul Sims (31513421) | asked Dec 01 '08, 12:38 p.m.
For what purpose does LDAP group JazzGuests exist? I searched the RTC Information Center but only found one page where it's mentioned, http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v1r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.install.doc/topics/c_plan_identity_management.html . This page doesn't explain the difference between groups JazzUsers and JazzGuests. Does the server treat JazzUsers and JazzGuests differently? I'm thinking of adding infrequent users to JazzGuests and only granting them a Contributor CAL. Is that the way you intend JazzGuests to be used?

Paul Sims
IBM WebSphere Commerce

3 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Dec 01 '08, 2:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
JazzGuests can only read items in the repository. Users with JazzUsers role can read and write items present iu the repository.

--- Balaji

For what purpose does LDAP group JazzGuests exist? I searched the RTC Information Center but only found one page where it's mentioned, http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v1r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.install.doc/topics/c_plan_identity_management.html . This page doesn't explain the difference between groups JazzUsers and JazzGuests. Does the server treat JazzUsers and JazzGuests differently? I'm thinking of adding infrequent users to JazzGuests and only granting them a Contributor CAL. Is that the way you intend JazzGuests to be used?

Paul Sims
IBM WebSphere Commerce

permanent link
Paul Sims (31513421) | answered Dec 02 '08, 7:08 a.m.
Thanks Balaji. To follow up, do JazzGuests need to be assigned a CAL to use RTC?

Paul Sims
IBM WebSphere Commerce

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Dec 02 '08, 9:18 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Users in JazzGuests can only read from the repository, and the CALs only
enable write operations, so JazzGuests should not need CALs to access
use RTC.

-
Matt Lavin
Jazz Server Team

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 12:18 +0000, sims wrote:
Thanks Balaji. To follow up, do JazzGuests need to be assigned a CAL
to use RTC?

Paul Sims
IBM WebSphere Commerce

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.