It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Enforce RTC follow-up action with REST API in Rational Team Concert

Dmitry A. Lesin (24825896) | asked Apr 15 '14, 12:24 a.m.
Hello!
Is it possible enforce RTC follow-up action or initiate event which the action is linked to? We need do it from external software connecting to RTC through REST API.
Thank you!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 15 '14, 2:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Dmitry, I think saving a work item e.g. attribute change should trigger this extension point. However, some saves e.g.for CLM links, don't do this today.
Dmitry A. Lesin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dmitry A. Lesin commented Apr 15 '14, 5:35 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
Yes, you are right at all! Thank you very much!!!

But please let me ask another question here because it concerns to the same subject area. I believe it could be useful for others find the answers in the same topic.

Yes, follow-up action is normally started in result of saving operation initiated by REST request. But is there any way to define in RTC plug-in how the follow-up action was initiated - by a user or a single REST API request?

But if you believe that this is a matter of another topic, I can create a new answer without a problem!

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 15 '14, 5:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Dmitry,

you have no control about how an advisor or participant is called, at least I don't know how. It gets called by the server (or client) on the triggering event and runs. What you can do is e.g. with the Java API at least, is to provide additional parameter (see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/) that the participant can use to decide if it needs to run. This is also used internally to create CLM back links. I am not sure if you can add additional parameters when using the REST API.

Otherwise the operation has to decide on the other given data if it needs to run or not.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.