It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy configuration to new iteration plan

Caroline Smith (4611923) | asked Apr 11 '13, 8:49 a.m.
Is there a way to copy the customization that I have made to my backlog to my iteration plans.  Specifically I have created a number of different views under "View As".  Each of these views uses custom colors, columns to display, ordering, grouping etc.  It took quite a long time to set these all up and I want to make sure the iteration plans have consistent views with the backlog.  

At the moment when I create a new iteration plan I have to manually make all of these changes again.

I am using eclipse client V3.0.1

Thanks
Caroline

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Apr 11 '13, 9:03 a.m.

Hi Caroline
Not sure to understand what you like.
Have you created/adapted views on e.g Release Backlog Plan and you would like to have from now all Release Backlog having the same Views.

Or do you want to copy a view from one plan type to an other plan type

erwin

Caroline Smith commented Apr 11 '13, 9:09 a.m.

My backlog is configured with custom views, I have different columns, colors, ordering, grouping etc. 

When I plan a work items for the "April Iteration" for example and I view all the work items in the April Iteration all of my customization is gone and I have to do it all again in this iteration plan.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94687086) | answered Apr 11 '13, 9:19 a.m.
Hi Caroline

Have a look at https://jazz.net/library/article/587/
Topic Plan Views (formerly Plan Modes) and  Plan Types

Once you have created your view you can go into the process configuration and Promote the Plan Mode
Once promoted its avaiable for all and you need to add it in the plan you'lld like (Plan Types)

Hope this helps
Caroline Smith selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Caroline Smith commented Apr 11 '13, 9:43 a.m.

Thanks that link was really helpful.  I realize after seeing it that my problem was that I was trying to see Plan Modes in an iteration plan that were created in a backlog plan.  Once I create them in an iteration plan then I will be able to use them in all of my iteration plans.

Problem solved!

Another question though, I want to modify the plan mode elements but I am finding it quite restrictive.  I want to remove filters, groupings and sorting that I will never use and add in some custom sorting and grouping options.  When I click the + button I can only add 5 attributes and I cannot delete anything.  Is there a way to customize these elements? 

Erwin Kunz commented Apr 11 '13, 9:59 a.m.

Right. The build in can not be deleted. But you don't need to care about. They are there but do not bother you.
You mean only 5 in the drop down list?
You need to go to Plan Attributes / Attributes Mapping and add the one you'll like to have.
Be aware that there are several enhancement request on plan. Not all custom attributes can be shown/used on plan

One other answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11319) | answered Apr 11 '13, 9:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is possible to copy an existing plan view within the same plan, but that doesn't seem to be available for cross plans/projects. There are the following enhancement requests on jazz.net:
Agile - provide ability to copy the view from one plan to another plan (216881)
Provide the copy Plan View feature in WebUI. (216303)

Comments
Caroline Smith commented Apr 11 '13, 9:10 a.m.

I am doing this withing the same project, can you tell me how to do this as I have a new iteration each month and I really do not want to have to manually change the views each month.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.