It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Within EWM/RTC Jazz source control, is there a way to restrict stream-to-stream change set delivery to force delivery only from workspace for most roles?

Richard Michelson (21714) | asked Apr 30, 11:14 a.m.

In EWM 7.0.2, we would like to restrict stream-to-steam change set delivery (without using workspace) to only EWM release mgr role. I don't see any way to do this without preventing delivery to stream completely. There doesn's seem to be any distinction made in Jazz source control permissions between delivery from workspace or stream-to-stream.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 30, 1:24 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 30, 1:25 p.m.

A repository workspace and a stream are pretty much the same thing as far as I am aware. One big difference is that you can not work with multiple users against a repository workspace. With stream to stream stuff, it is important to know that conflicts and merges are not possible.

With respect to your requirement, it might be possible to use team areas and membership and roles to control who can deliver where. Another possible approach could be a custom precondition on deliver change set that checks if the source is a stream and prevents it. You can access the role information, I am not sure how much information the change set has with respect to the source of the deliver.

Comments
Richard Michelson commented Apr 30, 1:52 p.m.

Thank you for the information you provided. Does anyone know the answer to whether it is possible to determine the source of the change set (whether it is workspace or stream)? And if there is, how?  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.