It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migration using the command line

Sean Burke (3789143247) | asked Apr 04 '13, 1:05 p.m.
edited Apr 04 '13, 1:06 p.m.
We are migrating users from another tool and look to use the command line and build forge.  This what I think the process should be.
  1. Script check out from current tool and place in directory on the file system. ( script complete)
  2. Login RTC repository.  (script complete)
  3. Connect to RTC project area and create repository workspace flowing to a stream with one component.  (script complete)

My question is what would the next step probably be?  I would think it would be as follows

1. Taking local files and checking in  and delivering them to the stream. 
  2. Placing and snapshot on those files that were imported

To do step one in the last section what would be this command line action?  Would you have to create a sandbox first and move the files?  Or could you check in and deliver from anywhere on the file system into the stream?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Apr 05 '13, 12:32 a.m.

Hi Sean,

For the step one "1. Taking local files and checking in  and delivering them to the stream.  ", you don't need to create a local sandbox.

You can use the command "lscm share <workspace> <component> <local-directory>" to add the files you checked-out from previous tool to the RTC component. The files will be in checked-in state and a sandbox is created in that directory.

Then you can run command "lscm deliver" to deliver the change set to the stream.

Please refer to http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/share.html about how to use "scm share" command.

Regards,

Lily

Sean Burke selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Apr 05 '13, 2:55 a.m.
Hi Sean,
Could you let us know what is the current tool you are using? Please notice, that RTC allows automatical import from svn dump. If you can migrate your project (automatically) to svn, then there is no script needed.

Comments
Sean Burke commented Apr 05 '13, 11:55 a.m.

Thanks for the reply.  We are currently using StarTeam so I think we would have to migrate to svn than to RTC.  I think the only option is the command line but would love to hear if there are other options. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.