It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Print from Eclipse Client uses a bad file:// URL

Kevin Dunphy (1645) | asked Apr 03 '13, 9:34 a.m.
When I try to print a work item from my Eclipse RTC client, it generates an HTML in /tmp but then tries to open a URL file:///home/kevinjdfile:///tmp/workitem-xyz.html.   -- it prefixes the /tmp url with a url pointing to my home dir. 

There's not some setting I've got mis-configured that's telling it to put temp files in ~ rather than in tmp, is there?
Looks like my RTC is version 3.0.5 in Eclipse Indigo.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Apr 04 '13, 3:48 a.m.

Hi Kevin,
I was trying to reproduce the issue on my Ubuntu machine but it worked correctly.
Have you tried how it works on out of the box RTC client: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0.1.5/RTC-Client-Linux-3.0.1.5.zip

Also can you let me know if it happens for you only on one machine or you have couple of machines for which you have the issue?

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Apr 04 '13, 3:54 a.m.

Please also notice that according to https://jazz.net/library/article/632 RTC 3.0.1 is not supported with Eclipse 3.7.

3 answers

permanent link
Kevin Dunphy (1645) | answered Apr 04 '13, 8:49 a.m.
That article seems to say that the latest supported Eclipse is version 3.5...  from 2009... 

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Apr 04 '13, 9:00 a.m.
Hi Kevin,
Look and Eclipse paragraph in Client section. There are two Eclipse versions supported:
  • Eclipse SDK 3.6, 3.6.1, 3.6.2
  • Eclipse SDK 3.5.2 [Bundled]

Anyway, what is the result of printing work items on out of the box client?

permanent link
Kevin Dunphy (1645) | answered Apr 05 '13, 10:21 a.m.
I'm afraid I still need a little more patience...
I installed RTC 4.0.1 with its bundled eclipse -- took a couple of tries to convince IM that I really wanted 4.0.1 and not 4.0.2.  Finally got it installed and now it's crashing when I ask it to format the work-item to print.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Apr 05 '13, 4:48 p.m.

Hi David,
What do you mean by crash? Is RTC client exiting? If yes, then you need to copy and paste core file generated in your RTC client directory.

Kevin Dunphy commented Apr 08 '13, 9:05 a.m.

I went to ~/IBM/TeamConcert.4.0.1 and to ~/IBM/TeamConcert.3.0.1.5 and did "find . -name *core* and found only jars -- aside from these few.  Where do I find the core file you want?

[kevinjd@oc5806423786 TeamConcert.4.0.1]$ find . -name *core*
./configuration/org.eclipse.core.runtime
./configuration/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs
./p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core
./jdk/jre/lib/zi/America/Scoresbysund
./scmtools/eclipse/features/org.eclipse.core.filesystem.rtc.feature_3.0.1.v20120430_0235

I did add the XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib/xulrunner-compat/ to my eclipse.ini. 

Kevin Dunphy commented Apr 08 '13, 1:02 p.m.

i noticed a typo on my XULRunnerPath property;  fixed that and my 4.0.1 install was able to successfully log in, open a work item, and even properly formatted it to print. 

For some reason my 3.0.1.5 install dies right after prompting for the workspace directory.  Still no core in the same directory as the eclipse executable.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Apr 09 '13, 4:08 a.m.

Hi Kevin,
Can you look into <your-workspace>.metadata.log file for any errors?
Also have you tried selecting fresh workspace?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.