It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create Plans fails during Initialization

Carson Holmes (11113543) | asked Apr 10 '13, 4:45 p.m.
I'm working with a custom process template which might be the issue, but does any one have an idea why the follow up action "Planning Project Setup Participant" would not execute?  I've tried the "Fail if not installed" but this doesn't seem to do anything.

According to the description, "Creates a product, release and sprint plan for the new project area." There are no plans created.

The custom process template has evolved from the Formal PM template.  If IDs on timeline elements were changed would this cause the follow up action to fail?

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Apr 10 '13, 5:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Looks like the "Creates a product, release and sprint plan for the new project area." relies on the default iteration IDs to create plans. I have a custom template (created from scrum template) where some of the iteration IDs (timeline elements) were modified. When I create a new project area from this template, plans are created only under those iterations that have default ID.

I believe the following section in the configuration source is used to indicate where the default iteration paths are. Please try adding the iteration ID and path where you want a plan to be created and see if it works.

<followup-action xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.apt/setUpProject" description="Initializes a project area with the planning relevant data." id="com.ibm.team.apt.service.setUpProject" name="Setup Project">
                        <plans>
                            <plan iterationPath="/development/backlog" name="Product Backlog" typeId="com.ibm.team.apt.plantype.product.backlog"/>
                            <plan iterationPath="/development/1.0" name="Release Backlog" typeId="com.ibm.team.apt.plantype.release.project"/>
                            <plan iterationPath="/development/1.0/1.0 S1" name="Sprint Backlog" typeId="com.ibm.team.apt.plantype.default"/>
                            <plan iterationPath="/development/1.0/1.0 S22" name="Sprint Backlog" typeId="com.ibm.team.apt.plantype.default"/>
                        </plans>
                    </followup-action>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.