It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to default to "All Work Items" in RTC client work item search bar?

Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | asked Apr 02 '13, 3:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 02 '13, 3:15 p.m.
Is there a way to have the RTC client work item search bar always default to "All Work Items"? It seems to always default to "All Unresolved Work Items" which is generally useless to me. I'm willing to modify some configuration file to force the default if needed.

Search box

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Apr 02 '13, 3:19 p.m.

My RTC 4.0.1 client makes those two 'radio' buttons which stick between sessions.
I seem to recall RTC 3 behaves similarly. 

Bo Chulindra commented Apr 02 '13, 3:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@yzwkzfn: Interesting, are you using the eclipse client?

I'm using a 4.0.3 milestone eclipse client, but I used 4.0.1 before this and the behavior is the same in both. As you can see in the pic, it's not radio buttons for me plus if I restart my RTC, the default always returns to "All Unresolved".

Kevin Ramer commented Apr 03 '13, 1:03 p.m.

I am.  It appears the same way in 4.0.1 and 3.0.whateveritisihave.
I am on RHEL 6.x, so behavior may be different.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Apr 03 '13, 4:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Bo,
verified in our latest code - com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.quicksearch.QuickSearch
constructor uses the the All all unresolved query as default, and then adds the All WorkItems query.

So to answer your question : it is not possible.
However - you may want to open a new enhancement request - so we could add any private / shared queries to populate this menu.

Thanks.
Eric.

Bo Chulindra selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.