It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I dock Work Items view to same tab as the tab of work items?

Robin Green (1111) | asked Aug 27 '15, 11:25 a.m.
edited Aug 27 '15, 4:04 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
In my previous version of the Eclipse client (I believe it was RTC 4.03), I could drag the Work Items query results view to the same tab set as where individual work items display. This was very useful because I could then maximize that view, double-click on a work item from the work items query, and it would open maximized in the same tab.

I upgraded to client 5.02 and can no longer do this. When I try to drag the Work Items query results view to a new location, it only allows it to create its own tab set (pushing others further right or left or up or down); I cannot drop the work item query results view to be on the same tab set as individual work items.

Is there some way I can tell RTC to allow me to do this? It seems like an arbitrary removal of a useful function. I have talked to several colleagues who also found this useful, and some of them are holding back on upgrading to 5.02 because of this change.

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 27 '15, 9:19 p.m.
This is not really a feature of RTC. Rather, it depends on the version of Eclipse that you're using. It appears that with Eclipse 3.x, you cannot stack a view (the work item query results) and an editor (individual work item) together. But with Eclipse 4.x, you can do that. Do you happen to "downgrade" your Eclipse version when upgrading the RTC client? It works for me with RTC 5.0.2 installed on top of an existing Eclipse Mars (4.5) shell.

permanent link
Robin Green (1111) | answered Aug 28 '15, 2:56 p.m.
Thanks, that was the right solution - The RTC 5.02 installation zip I got included an Eclipse client that was backlevel. I installed Eclipse Mars and then used IBM Installation Manager to install RTC on top of that, and now the Work Items view can be dropped onto the same tab as where individual work items show.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.