It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Searching

David Beange (111359101) | asked Apr 02 '13, 1:16 p.m.
With RQM V3 and V4 (v4.0 Build ID I20120612_1242) When using the search bar in the top right of the screen should I be able to find test plans when i search by the specific id?
With the example below if i list all test Plans i can see one with an id of 316, but if i search for 316 in he search bar it finds nothing. I have the options ticked to search QM resources. If i use the filter box in the "View test Plans" results 316 can be found and filtered on.
Thanks
Example Search

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Apr 02 '13, 3:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It should find test plans if you search on id in "Quick Search". I tried with 4.0 and works for me.  Is it able to find other test artifacts by id?  
See if  rebuilding the full text  index using  repotools-qm -rebuildTextIndices helps ( this may take a while depending on data to be reindexed)
David Beange selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Apr 02 '13, 7:00 p.m.

If you try to search by name for testplan id 316 and still see nothing or your search return nothing by any means, running repotools-qm -rebuildTextIndices would help.

David Beange commented Apr 03 '13, 9:20 a.m.

Hi Dan, searching by tesplan name does not return anything either. We will get the indexes re-created by running the command. Tahnsk

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.