It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

condensed script exporting

Chris Del Priore (145) | asked Sep 24 '13, 3:19 p.m.
edited Sep 24 '13, 6:20 p.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)
One of my testers set the option within a test script to export the script in the condensed version.  He then selected that as the default option.  Subsequently, every time he now exports, from either a test plan level or any level, he always get the condensed export.  Which is what we want by the way.  However, for myself, when I set the default to condensed I can only get the test script to export that way and not the entire test plan.  There should be a global way to export all test plans in the condensed format rather than having to go into an individual script to get that option.

One answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Sep 24 '13, 6:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, Chris. You are certainly welcomed and encouraged to create an enhancement request at https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome for this feature if you'd like.

Comments
Chris Del Priore commented Sep 24 '13, 6:54 p.m.

sure I could write an enhancement, and have no problem doing that, but there is obviously something that either he is doing different or is configured differently such that he can now always export in condensed format and I cannot.  that's what I am looking at an answer for.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Sep 24 '13, 7:06 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, I misunderstood. I presume you are using the same client versions? I took your comment to mean you wished there was "a global way to export" but it sounds like you believe there is one that one of your testers found and configured somehow and you cannot duplicate his results.

Are you working from the same project? And when he does the same operation on the same test artifact the two of you get different results?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.