It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelWordImporter in Windows 7 no Documents and Settings folder

Dana Heaton (111) | asked Mar 25 '13, 12:32 p.m.
Installation instructions state that I must have write permissions to the log folder location at C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Mso2Rqm. I'm using Windows 7 with Office 2010 and I don't have a Documents and Settings folder.

The installation of the RQMExcelImporterSetup gives me a message of successfully installed, however I do not see the Add-In or the RQM menu in my Excel spreadsheet.

2 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Mar 25 '13, 12:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 25 '13, 12:58 p.m.
 Dana,
One thing to check is Excel's Disabled items/Add-ins list; make sure the importer is not listed there
I believe In Excel 2010 you can enable a disabled add-ins using the add-in options.

Click the File menu –> Options link –> Navigate to Add-Ins options.
Select Disabled Items in the Manage dropdown and click the Go button
This will display the Disabled Items window from which you can see and also re-enable the disabled add-in. 

Comments
Dana Heaton commented Mar 25 '13, 1:13 p.m.

Thanks. I checked, but there are no disabled Add-Ins listed.

Not sure if this matters, but I am using Microsoft 2010 64 bit.

Ara Masrof commented Mar 25 '13, 1:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Dana,

The import tool should come with both a 64 and 32 bit setup executable, so you want to be sure you have selected the 64 bit version 
Also, when running the install executable be sure you are using the 'Run as Administrator" option

Ara

permanent link
Mallikarjuna Ande (3518) | answered Jul 09 '15, 9:21 a.m.
I have the same issue and tried as instructed but no resolution.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.