It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a funktion like "svn export -r http://server/directory/file.ext" in Jazz SCM

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked Mar 25 '13, 3:44 a.m.

Hello,

I want to download a file with a certain label (baseline) from the stream. Is there a way to get this file without creating a new repository workspace like with the svn command export?

Thanks and regards,
Martin

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 25 '13, 9:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
From the web UI, you can browse a configuration and download a file. In the Eclipse client, you can also browse a configuration with the Repository Files view or show the history of a file and load it. From the command line, you can use the "extract" command.
Martin Wassermann selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 25 '13, 7:52 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

scm "extract" expects the item id and state id.   Is there a way to get the item/state id of a file at a given pathname  in a given baseline without loading that file onto disk?

Martin Wassermann commented Mar 26 '13, 3:12 a.m.

Unfortunately the extract command is not in the RTC documentation (or I didn't find it). Can you give me an example how I can use it? (And how to get the item/state id but this has Geoffrey already asked)

Tim Mok commented Mar 26 '13, 11:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

All command line commands are documented through the help command, which you can use to find the commands available and display how to use it.

Item and state ids would be shown when using the verbose flag available for many commands. If the baseline id is already known, I imagine you could compare it to the previous baseline to get the latest change set that modified the file. It's probably easier if a repository workspace was already configured with the component at that baseline then to list the history to get the change set. Loading wouldn't be required either way.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.