It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import from SVN into Jazz

R jose (2158) | asked Mar 13 '13, 1:40 a.m.
retagged Mar 15 '13, 3:54 p.m. by Hadar Hawk (1882214)

what version of dump file can I use to import to SVN? When I try to import into RTC 4.0 I get an error

"Unsupported dump file version: 3". Do I need lower version?

Also I was trying to import using the SVN repository view using RAD. But when I slect the project/trunk and click "import into jazz..", the window is not coming up.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Matt Lennon (61225) | answered Mar 13 '13, 9:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 13 '13, 9:05 a.m.
Hi Raj.

Dump file version 3 is the delta dump format:
"Version 3 format is a delta dump; text changes are represented as diffs against the original file, and properties as incremental changes to a persistent set (that is, a property section does not necessarily implicitly clear the property set on a path before the new property settings are evaluated). This change is a space optimization. It requires additional computing time to integrate the diff history. Version 3 is generated by SVN versions 1.1.0-present, if requested by the user."
The RTC SVN Importer does not support delta dumps. You need to create a new dump file from your SVN repository that is a regular dump, not a delta dump. I.e., don't use the "--deltas" flag.

-Matt
R jose selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
anoop mc commented Jul 14 '17, 4:00 a.m.
The below is the command we issued to create SVN dump not sure what you mean by --deltas flagĀ 

1. C:\SVN-dump>svnrdump dump -r0:HEAD http://<svn_server>/svn/snv_test >test2.dmp

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.