It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to import svn dump with the Reconcile option?

Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | asked Feb 13 '14, 2:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Feb 14 '14, 9:50 a.m. by Sonia Dimitrov (27159)
I've imported a branch from SVN dump into RTC successfully.

My developers added a few files and made changes to some others in RTC.

A new SVN dump was taken and I'm now importing that dump starting 1+ the last revision from the previous import. I'm checking the box "Reconcile ....".
The import works fine however the new files that were added to RTC are gone and the changed files are overlayed.

None of the changed files were modified in future revisions.

One more thing, in the past - i've imported to the same branch multiple times from the Same named-location dump and always gotten a prompt that says "ok to start where last revisions ended? yes/no" - I'm not getting that
I'm wondering if that is due to dump being in a different folder on my hard drive

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Feb 14 '14, 10:24 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You don't want to import on top of work that was done in RTC. You want to import into a workspace that contains the results of the last import without any additional changes. Reconcile will overwrite and differences between the target component and the starting point of the import, which is what you are seeing.

As for the prompt, it looks at the last change set to find the revision. If you are importing on top of change sets that were not imported, the revision isn't there so there is no prompt.
Karl Weinert selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.