It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] How to successfully create links to SVN revisions

Kieron Brear (1461169) | asked Sep 07 '12, 5:25 a.m.
closed Oct 13 '17, 3:55 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi,

I am trying to link RTC work items to SVN revisions. We are on RTC 3.0.1 and I am using Subclipse as the SVN client. I have followed the instructions in the doc and searched the web for further information. The initial try fails, as SVN requires authentication for access, so I then request for the job to run locally. I haven't extracted an SVN level to be local system - is that a requirement? When I start the job the progress bar shoots to 62% complete straightaway and one of the following will occur:
  • The job runs for a long time (several hours or a couple of days), possibly using considerable CPU (~60% of dual core box), no change in the percent complete in the progress bar. Then it ends, crashing Eclipse, with no errors or logs.
  • The job runs for a while, with similar CPU to above, with a small progress shown in the bar, maybe to 65%, before crashing as above.
  • The job crashes quite quickly, it may use a lot of CPU, or very little.
Without any errors being reported I have no idea how to fix this. Any ideas? A possible cause could be that I am looking at a major amount of code with a history of several years, and maybe the linking task is not up to managing that level of scanning?

Thanks,
Kieron

Comments
Ashok Sonawane commented Aug 27 '15, 3:16 a.m. | edited Oct 13 '17, 3:55 p.m.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by daviddl Oct 13 '17, 3:55 p.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Sep 17 '12, 11:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's possible that the issue is because of the amount of data. It is also possibly an issue with the configuration of Subclipse. One option would be to try the Subversive client, at least for the initial scan to see if that works. If you could get a stack trace, that may also indicate where the client is blocking. To get a start trace, you can add the "-debug -console and -consolelog options to the eclipse.ini and then perform a CTRIL-BREAK (Winodws) or "kill -3" (Linux) to request a stack dump.
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer